December 7, 2010

Soldier Hollow Classic Sheepdog Championship!

So I'm still catching up on posts, but the good news is this brings us all the way into September! Wahoo! ;-) Anyway, if you didn't get a chance to go this year, this was actually a lot of fun! The fifteen best sheepdogs come from around the world to compete in this competition up in Soldier Hollow. They also have duck herding, a splash dog competition (VERY fun!), booths, food, petting zoo, etc. This picture of the Llama and I giving Benjamin a kiss is probably my favorite from the whole day! He he he.



We brought Jack with us too, so both boys got to see all the animals:


Jack was cooperative for the group photo... Benjamin was not. Jack was also cooperative for the face painting of the cute dalmation on his cheek... Benjamin was not. He got a balloon on his hand instead!


Both boys watching the duck herding, I don't know how we missed a picture of the ducks, it was kinda funny to watch them getting herded around.




This was one of the better pictures I was able to get of the splash dogs, I think it was so fun because the dogs would get SO excited!!! One funny dog apparently didn't want to jump, so he ran back down the platform, and up the ramp the dogs normally use to get out of the water, and swam to his toy instead. He he he.

Here is a video clip that talks a little more about the event if you're interested. All in all, it was a lot of fun. There seem to be all kinds of events going on that we never attend, so we're trying to broaden our horizons, and at least this time it turned out to be a lot of fun!

1 comments:

Mike and Lauren said...

Jack's hair was so long! Haha...thanks for taking him to that, looks like it was a blast!