So consider this a spoiler alert if you haven't seen the movie, but Jonathan and I went a few weeks ago to see this movie:

LOVED IT!! SO much fun! It really does make you feel nostalgic for your childhood... I guess that's when you can turn around and appreciate being a parent, and experiencing that part of life all over again and in a new way. :-)
So that wasn't the confession though. (Are you kidding, I'm PROUD we went to see it! We had a blast!) But remember poor Lotsa's story? The one about being abandoned, forgotten, and ultimately replaced by his child? The story of how he became all scarred and twisted?
Well, earlier this year we all went to participate at this event:

And only as we were finishing the walk and back to the Gateway did we realize that Benjamin's monkey was missing. This is the monkey he naps with, sleeps with at night, carries into the grocery store, hugs all day long, and drags around by the tail. Gone. No good. He had been holding him in the stroller and apparently had pitched him overboard without us noticing!
So yeah... we probably could have done the walk again to try and find him... instead we stopped at Smith's Marketplace on the way home and bought not one, but TWO replacement monkeys, so that next time he lost his money we'd have another one handy.
Aren't we horrible? I actually hadn't given it a second thought until we saw the movie, and then I felt GUILTY!! Oh, sad. Normally "spare monkey" live in the back closet, but these are some cute pictures I took one morning when Benjamin found not one, but TWO monkeys to carry around and play with!! You should have seen him, he was SO EXCITED!! These pictures don't do it justice. ;-)


So yes, I'll have to claim responsibility for the next Toy Story in which the forsaken Benjamonkey joins Lotsa's ranks and they return for revenge.

2 comments:
ha ha ha oh my gosh love this post! ps I miss you guys lets plan something soon!
Ha ha! I kept meaning to go buy a replacement blanket for Noah...but at this point the replacement wouldn't look anything like his well-loved blankie.
Post a Comment