Okay, catch up on the fun summer adventures we've been having. So in June we took Benjamin camping for the first time!! We decided somewhat last minute to join our neighborhood for the ward campout, and it turned out really fun. :-)
As we're taking DOWN the tent, I realize this was Benjamin's first camping trip and I didn't even take any pictures of the tent! Yeah, totally NOT worth setting it up again, so this is where the tent was, and you can use your imagination!

This one is a little less backlit, but Benjamin didn't want to stand still for a picture, so he's running off somewhere, oh well!

Ok, I really don't know how we had this much stuff... we only stayed overnight, and we didn't even cook up there at all. We bought a pizza on the way up, and since it was the ward campout, breakfast the next morning was provided (score!). We did set up my family's eight man tent for the three of us, but it gave lots of room for both the air mattress and Benjamin's pack & play, where he slept great all by himself all night long! What a good boy! He did sleep with about 6 layers on, as well as a winter hat and quilt. And although he peed through about 4 of those layers by morning (that was fun), his toes stayed nice and toasty warm, so I still call that success!! And with the entire Pilot filled to the brim we still managed to forget pillows, one of I think TWO things Emily (Jonathan's sister) told us to remember. And she was right. Bunched up clothes are NOT the same!
We had so much fun we just might go again before the summer is over. ;-) (No really, we do want to go again!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment